I feel like it was just last week that I wrote my first “Love this Stuff” blog – CRAZZZZY how time flies. I’m also amazed that I have new things to write about every couple of weeks. Kind of, but not really. I mean, I”m a girl. I own a lot of clothes, I own a lot of makeup products and I”m always trying new stuff. Don’t judge. 🙂
Here are a couple things I’m really enjoying at the moment:
1. Ankle Boots. I have a pair of red suede ankle boots that I’m loving these days. Funny enough, my hubby bought them for me for xmas a couple years ago and I only wore them a couple times before I put them away in my closet – probably because it was summer. I found them again this year and it was like getting a new pair of boots for free – yessssssssssss! I wear a lot of black so these are a good way to add a pop of color and they are super comfy. They are from Call It Spring but they don’t have them in stock anymore but here are some very similar ones.
2. Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner. I can’t remember where I read about this toner and wanted to give it a try but couldn’t find it anywhere except for online and I didn’t want to pay almost $20 in shipping and handling until…I saw it at a random drug store one day for only $10! Bought it and LOVE it. It’s amazing how much dirt can still be on your skin after you wash your face. You can get it from Amazon here.
3. Essie Nail Polish in Sugar Daddy. I banned myself from getting gel polish manis after I started to get what looked like a melanoma on my hand suddenly. At first I thought it was maybe just a sun spot but then of course I started freaking myself out about it especially because I had been getting gel manicures on and off for a year. If you have never had one they are great because they last about two weeks but you have to put your hands under a strong UV light to dry the polish. When you think about it, this is basically like going tanning every two weeks which is insanely bad for you. Luckily my spot went away on its own (weird but awesome) but I’ve vowed to stay away from the UV lights. Now I’m stuck doing my own manis and since I’m lazy I love a good polish that’s natural and stays on for a good amount of time. This is the perfect pink because it’s subtle and when it chips off you can barely notice it.
4. Physician’s Formula Bronzer. These months are pale times. My tan is officially gone and I’m missing my tanned summer skin. Bronzer is a must to make me look like I’m actually alive and I’m loving this new bronzer I recently bought. It’s subtle but you can build on the color if you are wanting more of it. And the price is right! You can get it here.
5. Her Fearful Symmetry. This book. There’s something about it that has haunted me ever since I read it. If you read the reviews about it a lot of them aren’t great but I actually really liked it because a) it’s very different from everything I have ever read and b) it’s sort of about the supernatural which I am quite obsessed with. I don’t want to give anything away so I won’t really say anything about it but that it’s creepy and interesting and you should read it. You can get it here.
What are you into these days? Any beauty or book recommendations for me? I would love to hear from you!